Launder or Dry Clean Shirts
Often the question is whether to launder or dry clean shirts. If you do it yourself, that means ironing it too. Today irons have advanced so much that ironing a dress shirt is not so difficult once you learn how to do it. Not to take away business from dry cleaning operations, but it can get pricey. If you do send shirts to the dry cleaners, just have them launder the shirts. If you want to save on this expense all together, then just launder your own shirts at home. Here are the easy steps:
1) Wash your shirts in cold water
2) Hang up to air dry – buttoning to the top and shaping the collar so that it dries in good form.
3) When not fully dry (just very slightly damp) heat up your iron – preferably use a good Steam Station Iron (Rowenta and Delonghi – make good ones).
4) If there are stains on the collar – mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda and add enough white distilled vinegar to make a paste. Place on collar and leave for 15 minutes. Then remove paste and wash shirt in cold water.
5) For more laundry tips see the video bellow
It should take about 10 minutes to iron.